By placing an order on www.medichut.com, you are agreeing to be bound by the Terms and Conditions outlined here. Should you have any queries about the terms outlined, please contact us on 02034 888644 or [email protected].
- The description of the services and any goods is as set out on our website, emails, social media, or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies actual services or goods supplied.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
- All services which appear on the website are subject to availability.
- We can make changes to our services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. If changes are made after your purchase, we will notify you of these changes.
Virtual Goods and Services
- The goods and services provided to you must not be shared with another party without explicit consent from MedicHut, the provider.
- Any virtual goods, such as PDF book files, are for the personal viewing of the customer who has purchased the good. The customer has a legal responsibility not to share such files with other parties.
- Any virtual classes, held via Zoom or any other medium, must be attended solely by the customer who has registered for that session. There should not be more than a single viewer (i.e. the customer) except with explicit consent by MedicHut, the provider.
- Any individual found to be sharing their purchased goods or services is liable to fees at least equivalent to the cost of the good or service, multiplied by the number of people it is found to be shared with. MedicHut reserves the right to obtain these fees from the customer.
Payment Plans (NOT through Knoma)
- When entering a payment plan (i.e. the payment of a good or service in parts, rather than in whole), the customer enters a contract whereby the full payment must be completed in the timeframe agreed upon.
- Payment will be taken automatically from the payment card used for the initial instalment.
- Late Payments
- If the automatic payment fails, the system will retry collection of payment.
- If you expect payment to be late, you must inform MedicHut via email or WhatsApp at least 1 day before the due date. You will then be granted a 7-day grace window for the payment to be completed.
- In the event that payment is not completed by the invoice due date, or by the late payment date if notified before the due date, the payment will be classified as late.
- Late payments will incur a late payment fee of £10 which will be taken as an automatic charge. If our provider is unable to charge your card, an invoice will be sent for the late payment fee, which must be cleared by the due date of the next invoice.
- If the customer’s final payment is late, and the card cannot be charged, the late payment fee will be due 1 month after the final invoice date.
- Late payment fees are taken as a separate charge, or a separate invoice.
- In the event that the monthly payment is not paid in full within 1 month of the invoice date, a further £10 late payment fee will be added to the due balance. Every 14 days following this, a further £10 will be added in late payment fees. All late payment fees are due by the next month’s invoice due date.
- All services will be paused until the balance is cleared, including late payment fees.
- Failure to make payments can result in immediate termination of the contract, and MedicHut reserves the right to immediately cease any service provision to the customer and charge a fee equivalent to the goods and services used by the customer that have not been paid for in full. This may include an increase in the agreed rate of a service. For example, the cessation of hourly tuition at 5 hours, when purchased at a 40-hour rate, will result in the increase of the rate to that of 5 hours and any additional sums must be paid by the customer.
- For orders placed with payment plans that are NOT processed through Knoma (i.e. processed through MedicHut directly), tuition hours cannot be used faster than the rate of pay. For example, for tuition at a rate of £30/hour, to use 10 lessons a month, the payment must be equal to, or more than, £300 in the month. If a customer requires more lessons than the agreed rate of payment, the provider is able to adjust the payment terms to a larger sum in order to cover the number of tuition hours being used. The provider may approve the use of a reasonably larger number of tuition hours than the rate of pay. It is the customer’s responsibility to discuss the need for any alterations.
Payment Plans through Knoma
- The customer has a right to withdraw from the product for any reason within 14 days of the initial agreement with Knoma. Using any of the services within the product nullifies this right. Please see point 26 below for the full refund policy.
- If you wish to withdraw from your contract with Knoma, you will need to pay the entire outstanding balance within 30 days of giving notice of withdrawal.
- Any cancellations are subject to a 10% cancellation fee + the original cost of any product used. For example, if a package is purchased for £500, and a £100 product is used, the cancellation fee will be £50 (10% of the total) + £100 for the original cost of the product used. If a cancellation is made within 14 days of the initial agreement with Knoma and no products are used bar the ebooks sent on purchase, the student must make a payment to MedicHut equivalent to the original cost of the ebooks and no other fees will apply.
- Should you cancel your purchase with us, any refund will be processed directly to Knoma to contribute to your remaining balance on your loan. Your remaining due balance must be paid directly to Knoma.
- Knoma abides by their own terms and conditions which you must agree to before signing your finance agreement.
- Students are responsible for monitoring their own tuition hours. Any additional hours used above the total number booked will be invoiced at the standard tuition rate and must be paid within 14 days. Any queries about remaining tuition hours should be emailed to [email protected].
- Failure to pay invoice(s) for any extra hour(s) used can result in a card charge from MedicHut for the due amount.
- Non-attendance of a lesson without prior notice will result in the lesson being deducted from the total number of tuition hours, as a standard hour. The notice period required is set by each individual tutor. If a notice period is not provided by the tutor, non-attendance is defined as failing to attend within 10 minutes of the scheduled lesson, without giving notice prior to the start time of the lesson.
- If a student is late to a lesson, the tutor reserves the right to complete the lesson at the allocated time and deduct the total scheduled lesson time from the student’s hours.
- The student has the right to request a change of tutors for any reason. Such requests should be sent to MedicHut on WhatsApp at +44 7851 862356.
- The refund policy will apply as found here.
- We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
- The description of the Services and any Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Services or Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
- Each step of the order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to ensure that an order is carried out as intended by yourself.
- A legally-binding contract will be formed for the services ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the order. You must ensure that the order confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the order placed by you. By placing an order, you agree to us giving you confirmation of the contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the order confirmation). You will receive the order confirmation within a reasonable time after making the contract.
- No variation of the contract, whether about description of the services, or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the consumer and the supplier in writing.
Delivery of Goods and Services
- We aim to deliver all of our goods and services to you within a reasonable time frame, or as what is set out on our website. If we do not deliver the goods or services to you on time, you can contact us to request a cancellation of your order, should you wish.
Circumstances Beyond the Control of Either Party
- In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
- the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
- the party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer’s above rights relating to delivery (and the right to cancel below).
Right to Cancellation
- You are bound by the terms outlined in our Returns and Refunds policy when requesting a cancellation of contract or refund of a good or service.
- Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regards to your personal information.
- All users must be 16 years or older when starting a residential programme unless specifically agreed otherwise. Consent from a legal parent or guardian is necessary under the age of 18. If 18 years of age or older, no parental consent is necessary.
- You and we are expected to show reasonable flexibility in arranging your hours of work. The nature of working in a hospital or university environment means sometimes it can be impractical to stick to a rigid pattern of fixed working hours. When you join a work experience programme you may be expected to work different hours depending on the working hours of the appointed healthcare professional. Your hours will typically be spread over a five-day working week, and should not normally exceed 8 hours a day. You should never be required to work for more than a maximum of six days a week.
- We must obtain permission from and register you with local Police and immigration authorities to enable you to stay in local accommodation during your placement. It is a condition of their permission that you should not invite guests (either local or foreign) to stay overnight at your accommodation without prior approval from the relevant authority. Failure to adhere to this condition will be a disciplinary matter and will be dealt with accordingly.
- Cancellations and amendments
- Due to the extremely limited nature of work experience availability, the cancellation and amendment policy is strictly outlined.
- Our charge for an amendment is normally £45 plus any costs incurred by us. If the total cost is going to exceed £95, we will provide you with a quotation before proceeding.
- For residential events, the cancellation charge with more than 180 days notice is £395. Cancellation with less than 180 days notice results in no refund.
- For one-day events, the cancellation charge is £95 when requested, in writing, more than 30 days before the event date. You may potentially transfer your booking of a one-day event to a future date for a fee of £45 at our discretion and subject to availability.
- Cancellations and amendments by us
- Occasionally, given the nature of our work, we may be forced to make a change to the advertised projects or elements within them. It is necessary for a flexible approach to be adopted by participants with regards to this as items such as activities, schedules, itineraries, facilities and modes of transport may be subject to change without prior notice due to local circumstances or Force Majeure. We reserve the right to make these changes for the benefit of the project, most of which will be very minor and we will advise you of these at the earliest opportunity.
- Except where expressly stated in these booking conditions, we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by any event which we or the supplier(s) of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. These events can include, but are not limited to war, threat of war, civil strife terrorist activity and its consequences or the threat of such activity, riot, the act of any government or other national or local authority, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned’s control.
- Very rarely, we may be forced to terminate or suspend an activity forming part of a Placement or a Placement itself due to Force Majeure. In these circumstances, we may decide it is necessary to evacuate participants from the location of the activity or the placement Location, or take such other measures as it shall deem (in its sole discretion) necessary in order to ensure each participant and our staff’s safety and security.
- Dates, schedules, programme details and cost are given in good faith, based on information available and in force at the time they are given and are subject to change and revision in the event of a change of circumstances. In the event that we are unable to provide a suitable placement of the type requested, we will instead offer an alternative placement and will refund any difference between the price paid for the project placement and the price charged for the alternative placement in the country in question.
For any enquiries, please contact [email protected].