Who will use my data?
MedicHut LTD is the Data Controller in respect to your data.
We will store and process your data in order to allow us to provide our courses, tutoring and mentoring services, books and videos, and other services to our students. We will also process data to manage our relationships with our partners, suppliers, and other organisations involved in the provision of our services.
We will collect, store, and process your data if you choose to subscribe to our mailing lists or interact with us in any way.
What will happen if I contact you?
If you contact us as a potential student, we will use your information to send you the information you have requested and other information that we think you will be interested in. If you contact us for any other reason, we will use your details to respond to your enquiry, provide our services to you, add you to our mailing list, and meet any legal obligations or other commitments we have. If you fill in a contact form, your IP address may be included when we receive your form. Similarly, if you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
What data will be stored?
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We will store only the details necessary to provide our services to our client [students] and to operate our business. We recognise that we store special categories of data, including sensitive personal information and will take all necessary steps to store your data securely at all times.
What data will be shared?
Your data may be stored for a period after the end of our relationship, after which time, it will be deleted. This period will depend on the nature of the services offered. For more details please refer to our Date Retention and Erasure policy.
Who can access my data?
We take your privacy seriously and will strictly control access to your personal information at all times. Where we need to share your information, this will be with your explicit consent or where necessary to provide the services we offer. We will never sell, share or otherwise distribute your data to any other third party other than as required to provide our services to our clients and to operate our business. Your data may be shared with other third parties such as our website development company and other service providers.
How is my data kept secure?
We will take the utmost precautions with your data. We will store your data on secure, dedicated UK based servers and only on secure devices. We will employ strict access control, encryption, password protection, and all appropriate Cyber Security measures as necessary. We will use secure file storage systems and dispose of all material in an appropriate manner. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
This policy sets out how we will use and share the information that you give us. This policy describes your relationship with MedicHut LTD . We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide the products and services you have requested from us and to send you information about products and services you may be interested in. We will never sell, share or use your personal information other than as described here and always how you would reasonably expect.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) describes how organisations must collect, handle, process and store personal information. These rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically, on paper or on other materials. To comply with the law, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully. GDPR is underpinned by eight important principals. These say that personal data must:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully
- Be obtained only for specific, lawful purposes
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Be accurate and kept up to date
- Not be held for any longer than is necessary
- Processed in accordance with the rights of the data subjects
- Be protected in appropriate ways
- Not be transferred outside the United Kingdom unless that country or territory also ensures an adequate level of protection
We take these responsibilities seriously, and this document describes our approach to data protection. This policy helps to protect us both from data security risks, including:
- Breaches of confidentiality. For instance, information being given out inappropriately.
- Failing to offer choice. For instance, all individuals should be free to choose how the company uses data relating to them.
- Reputational damage. For instance, the company could suffer if hackers successfully gained access to sensitive data
- Actual loss or damage caused as a result of a breach or other incident relating to your data.
Who We Are And How To Contact Us
MedicHut LTD is registered in the United Kingdom and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with ICO registration number: ZB092577
The data controller is: Syed Bukhari. You can contact us in any of the following ways:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44 7851 862356
MedicHut LTD is a training company, selling courses and providing training to help our students enter medical school. This policy relates to data subjects of MedicHut LTD . Processing of your data is required in order to offer you our products and services. This policy applies to individuals who have shared their data with MedicHut LTD as either a student, employee, supplier or in any other capacity.
It applies to all data that the company holds relating to identifiable individuals, even if that information technically falls outside of the GDPR. This can include:
- Names of Individuals
- Postal addresses
- Email Addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Information as required to provide our products and services to you
- Other information as required to maintain our relationship
- Sensitive personal information including any circumstances that are provided in a bursary request form
- Information about family members
- Education / employment information
- Video / photos of individuals
- Any other information relating to individuals
We will only collect, store, process, or share your sensitive personal information with your explicit consent.
What this policy applies to
This section describes the lawful basis for processing your data and applies to the information about yourself that you choose to provide us with or that you allow us to collect. This includes:
- Information you provide through our website when contacting us about using our services
- Information we collect when you subscribe to our mailing list, sign-up to access our portal or interact with us in any way
- Information we collect about how you use the website using cookies, google analytics and other internet tracking technologies
- Information provided to us by a third party [individual or organisation] with your consent or where third party is acting in your interests as required to provide the best possible services to you. When you visit our website and social media sites in order to discuss using these services
- Sensitive personal information you provide or collected as part of our discussions.…
- Information relating to the services we offer to you and other transactions including financial and other personal information required
- Information given and stored as part of our ongoing relationship
- Information from credit referencing agencies, debt collection companies, insurance companies, and others we use to manage our business
- All other personal information we collect as part of our relationship with you
How your information will be used
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it and as you would reasonably expect your data to be processed and only where there is a lawful basis for such processing, for example:
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing
When you contact us or register with us.
(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (c) Financial information; (d) sensitive personal information; (e) other personal information as required by us to provide our services to you, (f) Marketing and Communications
(a) To provide our training and consultancy, or related services to you, (b) with your consent, (c) in our legitimate interest, (d) to meet the terms of any contract or agreement
To provide our medical consultancy, treatments, and related services to you. Managing payments, fees and charges, and to collect and recover money owed to us.
(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (c) Financial information; (d) sensitive personal information; (e) other personal information as required by us to provide our services to you, (f) Marketing and Communications
(a) To provide our services to you, (b) with your consent, (c) in our legitimate interest, (d) to meet the terms of any contract or agreement
(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (c) Interactions with us, (d) Marketing and Communications, (e) Consent
(a) Performance of a contract with you, (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation, (c) Necessary for our legitimate interests to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services
To administer and protect our business and our site (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (c) Technical Information
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise, (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
(a) Technical, (b) Usage
Necessary for our legitimate interests to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our site updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about products or services that may be of interest to you
(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (c) Technical, (d) Usage, (e) Profile
Necessary for our legitimate interests to develop our products/services and grow our business
We may collect and process information about you, including your name, date of birth, address, contact details (including email address and mobile phone number), sensitive personal information, other health related information, product and service details, purchase history and data collected as part of any payment . We may take personal information from:
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address)
- Information that you provide when completing your online profile Information that you provide when completing your online profile (including your name, gender, sexuality, religion, date of birth and any educational details and employment details you provide)
- Information that you provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us
- Sensitive personal information and other personal information required by us to provide our services to you
- Information relating to any products or services we provide to you, including any other interaction with us
- If we collect personal, sensitive data as defined in Article 9 of the GDPR we will ensure we take appropriate precautions to protect this data
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- To respond to enquiries from you regarding our services
- To add you to our subscription list and send you information about our services and selected information about the services provided by other companies we think you might be interested in
- To provide our services and associated training to you
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including provision of services, and to respond to queries from you regarding those contracts
- To manage and administer the relationships between you and us
- To notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us
- To track visitors to our website and analyse the effectiveness of adverts and other promotions. To maximise the effectiveness of our websites, promotions, and other marketing activity using cookies, analytics, and other internet technologies
- To obtain feedback from you regarding our services
- To manage our business and our relationship with you as a client, supplier, or other third party
If you contact us as a potential client, and according to your preferences, we will use your personal information to provide you with information about services that may be of interest to you. This document explains how you can change whether to receive this information. Please note that, even if you choose not to receive this information, we may still use your personal information to provide you with important updates regarding the services we provide to you, including communications in relation to any services you use or changes to how we operate. We do not use any form of automated decision making.
How to change your preferences
We operate in line with GDPR data protection guidelines. We respect your rights and will respond to any request for access to personal information and requests to delete, rectify, transfer, data and to stop processing. We will also advise you on how to complain to the relevant authorities, namely the Information Commissioner’s Office. Any requests or objections should be made in writing to the Data Controller or you can visit our website, call, or email us to contact us to change your preferences at any time.
Scope of Agreement
We may from time to time use your information for marketing, account management or relationship management purposes. The main purpose of this is to provide you with information about goods and services which we think may be of interest to you and/or to maintain any existing relationship we may have with you.
Opting out at a later date
Where you give your consent for us to process your data, for example when you agree to us sending you marketing information or where you agree to us processing financial data, you can contact us to amend or withdraw your consent at any time. You can also choose to object to processing and request deletion of your data. We respect all user rights as defined in GDPR. If you have any comments or wish to complain please contact us.
How we store and process your data
Your data will be collected, stored, and processed in the UK only. We do not transfer your data outside the UK. Your data will be stored for up to 7 years to ensure we have records of service, payments, and other interactions we have with you.
In order to provide our services to you, we use recognised third parties to take payment, conduct credit reports and other checks, manage our company accounts and provide banking services. We will store transactions, payment and order data for up to 7 years or for as long as required by UK financial and company regulations. These third parties may operate outside the UK – if this is the case, we will ensure precautions are in place to protect your data.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose and/or we are acting in your best interests. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us. If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information without your knowledge to the extent that we are required to do so to act in your best interests.
You will only receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- Requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us
- If you provided us with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry of your details for us to send you marketing communications
- You have not opted out of receiving marketing
We will get your expressed opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We are a data controller. In relation to the information that you provide to us, we are legally responsible for how that information is handled. We will comply with the GDPR in the way we use and share your personal data. Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes described in this document:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- Other companies as required for us to provide our goods and services to you, and always as you would reasonably expect
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, credit scoring, banking, legal, fraud protection, insurance and accounting services
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets
- Third parties as required to provide our products and services to you
- Other companies and organisations as required to provide the best service to you
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Under the GDPR, we are also permitted to share some information with third parties who use such data for non-marketing purposes (including credit and risk assessment and management, identification and fraud prevention, debt collection and returning assets to you).
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will report any breaches or potential breaches to the appropriate authorities within 24 hours and to anyone affected by a breach within 72 hours. If you have any queries or concerns about your data usage, please contact us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Contacting us, exercising your information rights and Complaints
If you remain dissatisfied then you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
End of Document.